GoDaddy Domain Search
Included with each GoDaddy domain name
GoDaddy Domain Search Standard Features
Benefits that come standard, as they should.
When it comes to domain registration, you have options. Because of this, who you choose to register your domain with matters. Here are some of the standard features that you can expect with GoDaddy domain names:
- Domain Forwarding: So that you can direct your domain name to the website it should go to.
- Total DNS Control: To manage your domain nameserver (DNS) records from a single, easy-to-use control panel.
- Updates & Alerts: Continuous domain monitoring that notifies you if anything needs your attention, such as a status change in the domain.
- Domain Locking: To prevent accidental or intentional transfers of domain ownership.
- Auto-Renewal Protection: You shouldn’t have to remember to manually renew your domain when the expiration date is coming up. And with auto-renew protection you don’t have to.
Why Choose GoDaddy Domain Names?
GoDaddy Domain Privacy & Protection
Give your business and domain the protection it deserves.
After conducting your GoDaddy domain search and then purchasing a domain name, it’s important to ensure that it is well protected. You can accomplish this by adding Domain Name Privacy & Protection to your domain name.
Essentially this is a protection plan that helps prevent accidental domain expiration, unauthorized domain name transfers, while hiding personal contact information from the WHOIS directory.
There are three domain protection plans that you can select from when first buying your domain name. If you opt out initially, you can always add a protection plan to your domain later. Doing so helps better protect your domain name and your business.
GoDaddy Domain Search FAQ
- By hiding personal contact information that is viewable from the public WHOIS directory.
- By preventing accidental domain expiration.
- Shielding against unauthorized domain transfers and vulnerabilities.
Simply enter the domain name you are looking for in the GoDaddy Domain Search box and then select Search. You will then be shown the status of the domain name you searched for and whether it is available for purchase or not. If the domain you searched for is available, you can select the checkout option to follow the on-screen prompts and complete the registration process. However, if the domain name you searched for is not available for purchase, you will be shown similar alternative names that are currently available to register.
- To check if a domain name is available, simply enter it into the GoDaddy Domain Search bar and hit Search. Upon doing so, you will instantly be shown if the domain name is available for purchase and registration, or whether it is already taken because it is owned by someone else.
- If you are wanting more information on a domain name that you are interested in, but that is unavailable because it is already registered, you can find ownership information using the GoDaddy WHOIS Lookup.
- If you want to buy a domain that is already owned and registered to someone else, you may consider trying a Domain Backorder service. With this service, you purchase a domain backorder credit which gives you a better chance to secure the domain name you want when it becomes available again.
For the most part, yes. Though there are a few exceptions because some extensions have certain restrictions which only make them eligible to certain types of organizations. Among the extensions with restrictions include .edu, .gov, and .mil. That is because these extensions are reserved for educational institutions, governmental organizations, and military entities, respectively.
There are two ways that you can get a free domain name:
With either option, you can use the free domain name that comes included to connect to your site. You can always change the domain name of your website later if you decide to upgrade your domain name from the free one that is provided.
Help is always available if you need it. Seriously, like always. If you have a question, we want to help. To speak with a GoDaddy domain search expert, call (480) 624-2500 or visit our Help Center for more useful resources.
Find your domain name with GoDaddy today.
Notes & Disclaimers
- Special savings apply only to first year of registration. You must purchase entire section to qualify for special savings.
- The final price may differ because of additional sales, fees, and promotions.
- Products will automatically renew until cancelled. You may turn off the auto-renewal feature by visiting your account.
- Change of registration may require a fee for certain domains.
- View GoDaddy Reseller Agreement for additional terms and conditions.
- Third-party logos and marks are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
*Pricing excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees.