GoDaddy Website Builder
Website Builder Personal
Great for getting started.
Website Builder Business
Ideal for growing your online presence.
Website Builder Business +
Best for expanding business needs.
How does GoDaddy Website Builder work?
Whether you are building a website for your business, a hobby, a cause, or something else, GoDaddy Website Builder makes it simple to get online fast and promote your website with ease.
Here’s how it works:
- After signing up, simply select a template based on what your website is about.
- Next, add in your content, business information and anything else you want to display on your website.
- Take advantage of built-in marketing tools to get your business off the ground fast.
- Manage your entire website and social media from a single dashboard.
- Add on features as your business grows such as SEO to boost your visibility even more.
- Sit back and relax knowing your website is up and running, working 24/7 to promote your business.
Website Builder is an intuitive all-in-one solution designed to help get your website up and running fast, while also helping your business grow with built-in marketing tools.
What can I do with GoDaddy Website Builder?
Choose from industry-tailored website design templates.
GoDaddy Website Builder FAQs
Having a website is the first step to creating an online presence. If you are a business owner, creating a website is a great way to promote, as well as showcase the products or services that your business has to offer. In addition, having a website allows for potential customers to learn more about your business and easily contact you if they are interested.
Moreover, a website tells the world what your business is all about. And because most people will go online first to learn about a business, looking for your website is often the first thing they will do. So, you want to be sure that your website shows up when they do. This is why it’s so very important to have a website if you own or run a business.
GoDaddy Website Builder is an online editing and publishing tool that allows you to easily and quickly create a website. You simply select a design template for your website and then use the editor tool to add in your content, such as text and images. With the use of a simple drag and drop tool to edit your site, there are no technical or coding skills required.
How to create a website with GoDaddy Website Builder:
- Start by signing up for a Website Builder plan.
- Select a design template that you like and one that matches what your website or business is about.
- Using the drag-and-drop editor, add in your text and images. If you want, you can even create a contact form for people to reach you by email.
- Publish your website.
- Sit back and watch your business grow as customers begin to find your new business website online. You can always add new features such as a shopping cart to create an online store as your business begins to expand.
See GoDaddy Website Builder Plans and Pricing to find a plan that meets your needs.
With GoDaddy Website Builder, you have access to a wide range of professionally designed templates by industry to choose from. Each with 20+ theme filters to change layouts, fonts, and colors. It’s as easy as typing in the industry for your business and then selecting a template that you want to use for your website. In fact, many templates are already pre-populated with content. So, all you need to do is customize the template to your liking and change the wording, images, or anything else on your site as you see fit.
Most definitely! You can customize your website to meet your specific needs. Customize everything from menus, pages, colors, fonts, and much more. Add photos, videos, prices, galleries or any other features that are important to you and your business. Virtually every section of your website is customizable with GoDaddy Website Builder. Whether you want to change the name of a page, edit the navigation menu or style, you have that option. When customizing your website, you can even view how your edits will look on both mobile and desktop, so you can ensure that your website looks great across all devices.
GoDaddy Website Builder pricing ranges from $5.99 per month* to $14.99 per month* in cost. Pricing depends on the plan you select. See GoDaddy Website Builder Plans and Pricing for more specifics on what each plan includes.
If you are wanting to sell online, you have a couple different options. With both Business and Business + plans, you have the option of adding a PayPal button to your website that can be used to process payments and sell from your website. But, if you are looking for more advanced checkout features and the ability to process payments with other methods besides PayPal, we recommend adding a shopping card to your website. You can add the shopping cart option when signing up, or you can always add it later if you decide to.
Yes, SEO tools come built in with certain GoDaddy Website Builder plans including Business and Business +. With a simple to use SEO wizard, you have a step-by-step optimization guide that offers suggestions on how to improve the SEO of your site with keywords and descriptions. Simply review the recommended optimization suggestions and apply them to your website to help improve your rank on popular search engines such as Google. It really is SEO made simple. And who doesn’t love that?
Yes, you can. By adding the shopping cart feature to your website, you are able to sell products or services right from your website. Offer various payment and shipping options to make checking out a breeze for your customers. Learn more about creating an online store.
When signing up for a GoDaddy Website Builder plan, you do have the option of using a free domain to use for your website. However, it is not a custom domain, so it does have some limitations. So, while you do not need your own custom domain to set up your website, we do recommend purchasing your own domain name for your website so that you can have a professional web address for your site.
While it is recommended to purchase your own custom domain name (such as “your-company.com”) to use for your website, you don’t actually need one to create your website with GoDaddy Website Builder. When you sign up, you are given a free domain so that your website can be live on the Web immediately. You can always set up a custom domain for your website if you decide to later.
No, you don’t. One of the many benefits of GoDaddy Website Builder is that it already comes with hosting built in, so there is no need to purchase a separate hosting plan prior. It comes bundled as part of your plan, along with the many other benefits.
Yes, it does. With all GoDaddy Website Builder plans, a free SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate comes included and is automatically installed on your website during setup. This way, you ensure that your website is safeguarded by using encryption to help protect your visitors and keep private any sensitive information they may submit through your website, such as contact or credit card information for payments.
Having an SSL certificate installed on your website is an important component to overall website security and something to be taken seriously. Plus, having an SSL certificate on your website can also offer a slight SEO boost as well to your website as Google has publicly announced that they favor websites with them and recommend SSL encryption for all websites.
Yes, you sure can. Add your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media pages in the Website Builder and have your icon links display on your website. Not only does linking your social media to your website give you more credibility, but it also helps expand your overall online presence. GoDaddy Website Builder makes it easy to add and manage your social media links from one central location.
- Start by getting organized Start by thinking about what you want to communicate on your website. Think about the images you might want to show and about the different pages you want to include. When starting out, often this may include a homepage, an about page, a contact page, and perhaps a blog page. Take notes and write out what you want your website to say on each page. Also, think about what you envision for your website to evolve into in the future. Getting organized and planning out your website will give you a much more clear sense of direction and ideas for how to map out and structure your website. This is particularly helpful when first getting started.
- Select a website template Once you’ve thought about what you want on your website and how you might want it to look, next select a template for your website. After signing up for a GoDaddy Website Builder plan, you have the option of typing in the industry of your business in the initial setup. After doing this, you will then be presented with template options that closely match what your business is about. Simply select one that you like to get started customizing and editing your website.
- Edit and customize your website Next is the fun part. Use the built-in editor to add in your content, business information, and products or services. Edit fonts, colors, or any other styles to get your website looking just the way you want it. You can add in text, images, videos, or anything else that makes your website unique and specific to your business.
- Buy a domain name If you already own a domain name, you can connect it to your website within the GoDaddy Website Builder. But, if you don’t have a domain name yet, we recommend buying and registering one. Choose a domain name that closely matches the name of your business. This will help your web address look more professional and be easier for your customers to remember and find your business online.
- Optimize your website for search engines Take advantage of the SEO optimizer that comes with your GoDaddy Website Builder plan. Using the SEO tools that come built-in will help ensure that your website is following basic SEO best practices, thereby giving your website a better chance of ranking higher on search engines like Google. When your website ranks higher on search engines, this helps your website to be more easily found online by customers who are looking for a business just like yours.
- Publish and launch your website When you’re ready, take a deep breath and publish your website. When you publish your website, you are launching it live to the world. Then sit back, relax and watch your business grow. You can always make edits, add updates, or make changes to your website at any time. Ready to get started?
If you are looking for an affordable way to get your website up quickly and easily without any technical know-how, then GoDaddy Website Builder might be right for you.
Help available when you need it.
Expert support is available 24/7 to answer your questions at any time.
Need assistance setting up your website, or other guidance?
Call anytime. (480) 624-2500
Get started using GoDaddy Website Builder today for as little as $5.99/mo*
*Price excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees.
View GoDaddy Reseller Agreement for additional terms and conditions.
Third-party logos and marks are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.