GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus
GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus
Hosting comparable to having your own private server, but way easier to manage.
Web Hosting Plus plans starting at $29.99/month*
What is GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus?
Simply put, Web Hosting Plus is where powerful hosting and simplicity of management meet. GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus offers the capacity and capability of having a virtual private server, but in an easy-to-use format that business owners can manage themselves.
Rather than needing to know a bunch of technical skills to manage your server, you can easily handle everything from an intuitive control panel that simplifies complicated management tasks, saving you time and money. Now what business owner doesn’t like the sounds of that?
As businesses scale, they often find that their hosting requirements do as well. But not all businesses feel comfortable shifting to more advanced hosting solutions such a dedicated server right out of the box that require skill in server administration – particularly if they were used to more simple hosting in the past. Fortunately, this is the challenge that GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus hosting tackles head on. It provides a solution similar to having a virtual or dedicated server, but in user-friendly format that’s easy to manage.
Ideal for building several basic websites.
For higher-traffic WordPress or Joomla sites.
For advanced eCommerce sites like Magento.
Best for sites that need even more resources.
GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus Benefits
GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus offers a number of benefits to business owners who need the most out of their hosting plans. Among the many benefits users of Web Hosting Plus enjoy include:
- Ease of use when it comes to the ability to navigate through options and applications.
- High power which comes from premium hardware that includes RAM, as well as virtually located CPU cores.
- Scalability which makes it simple to upgrade resources as needed, and at any time.
- Dedicated resources that help your website or applications experience high performance at all times.
- The ability to handle high traffic as well as manage eCommerce websites flawlessly.
- Free and unlimited SSL security.
- Among many other key benefits that that are unique to business owners who require a solution that is powerful, yet simple to manage.
GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus is meant to meet and solve the hosting challenges that businesses face, particularly as they are experiencing higher rates of growth and traffic. As businesses grow, so do their hosting needs and requirements as they relate to power and performance. However, not all businesses want to, or are ready to make the move to more advanced dedicated hosting solutions because of the technical knowledge required. Web Hosting Plus is the perfect solution in these cases to eliminate that requirement altogether.
Business websites that experience high traffic, use eCommerce, or require intensive resources generally find Web Hosting Plus to be a suitable option.
It’s an ideal solution for businesses that are in the process of scaling up and need hosting that meet the needs of their growing businesses, all in an easy-to-use format that is simple to manage.
So, whether you are hosting photos, videos, or showcasing products and services, GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus helps make your site run smoothly and efficiently, even at the most peak times. This in turn creates a better overall experience for your customers.
With optimizations GoDaddy has made to server hardware, customer sites are now faster with nearly 40% on average improved overall server response times.
Server hardware improvements included:
- Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Solid State Drives (SSDs): This improvement helps customers receive up to a 7x throughput boost with GoDaddy’s server NVMe SSDs for websites that are resource-intensive when compared to regular SSDs.
- PHP OPCache: PHP scripts are now executed one time and then stored within memory. This improves server response times by 33%, making sites hosted on GoDaddy faster overall.
- Improved I/O Resources: With 10MB/s of allocated I/O, users are more likely to avoid slow loading on websites, along with the ability to receive faster queries on databases of large size.
For tech savvy business owners or ones who have an IT team and require more control, flexibility, and customization from their hosting plan, VPS (virtual private server) hosting may be the solution for you.
Web Hosting Plus FAQs
As your business grows, so will the hosting needs of your website. GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus is a web hosting plan that offers similar performance to that of a virtual private server (VPS), but doesn’t require all of the technical knowledge needed to manage a server. You still get the CPU, RAM, and bandwidth storage you need as you would with a VPS plan, but without all the hassle of server administration.
It’s a good option for businesses that need powerful hosting that offers dedicated resources, but would otherwise like to remain hands off from all the other aspects of server management. For many, it is the next step up from a shared hosting plan.
Among the biggest benefits of GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus is that it is a more powerful solution than shared hosting that offers dedicated resources, but is much easier to manage than a dedicated hosting solution. It’s like having a dedicated server of your own, but with the ease of managing a shared hosting plan from cPanel. No server admin skills are required. The primary benefits include:
- Simple to use: If you’re familiar with cPanel using shared hosting, then you’re already steps ahead. That’s because you can manage your Web Hosting Plus plan in the same exact format as you would a shared hosting plan from an easy-to-use control panel, all without needing advanced technical knowledge.
- Access to dedicated resources: With GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus, you are allotted dedicated resources such as memory and disk space that are meant for your website only, just like you would from a VPS or dedicated hosting plan. There is no need to share server space or resources with others.
- Isolated hosting environment: Just like VPS hosting, your website will never be affected or slowed down by other websites on your server because there is no sharing of resources with others. They are all dedicated to you.
In addition to these benefits, users also enjoy access to over 150 free apps that can easily be installed with a single click, as well as a free SSL certificate and security features that come included.
For many business owners, shared hosting works just fine for their needs. However, if your website ever begins to experience higher traffic rates as your business grows, it may be a good idea to consider switching over to a GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus plan. Doing so will help ensure that the customers visiting your website can experience faster load times and a more seamless experience overall. These are factors that are important for not only ensuring a positive user-experience for your visitors, but for SEO as well.
And if you’re concerned about needing to have additional knowledge about managing a server, not to worry. There is none. You are able to manage your hosting through cPanel just as you would with a shared hosting plan.
For an even more in-depth answer to this question, view: Is GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus Right for You?
If you are currently on a shared web hosting plan with, you can upgrade to Web Hosting Plus from within your customer account in just a few simple steps. All your files are seamlessly migrated for you, so there is no need to uninstall or reinstall any of your files. Additionally, if your DNS is managed through us, this will also be automatically updated for you as well. As it is fairly common for customers to want to upgrade their plan after a while, the whole process is set up to be simple and hassle-free.
While there is no formal requirement to use GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus, the types of sites that tend to benefit most from these plans include:
- High-traffic websites: If a website gets heavy amounts of visitor traffic all at once or very often, this can significantly slow down a website if there aren’t enough web hosting resources to handle the amount of traffic. The worst case scenario is that a flood of visitor traffic can cause a site to crash. Of course, that’s not a good thing. With Web Hosting Plus, websites are allotted many more resources than an average shared web hosting plan, so that they can always up and running as they should be, even if many people are on it at once.
- eCommerce websites: Selling products online? You’ll want to be sure your site loads fast for your customers. Slow loading websites can lead to visitors leaving in frustration, which means lost sales that your website could have otherwise generated. Web Hosting Plus tackles speed loading issues head on, ensuring a smooth, fast-loading experience for site visitors. In turn, this helps convert more of those visitors into customers as a result.
- Resource intensive websites: Some sites simply require more power and resources, particularly if hosting larger photo files, or videos and downloads. With Web Hosting Plus, there is no need to share resources with others because all CPU and RAM is dedicated solely to you. This ensures that your website won’t lag and has all the power and capability it requires to continue running at high speeds with fast load times at every hour of the day.
As many as you need or want to. Select GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus plans support unlimited websites as well as unlimited domains.
Many sites that use GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus are running on platforms such as Magento or multiple CMS websites such as WordPress. Because of this, it’s important that the latest versions of both PHP and MySQL are offered with these plans, which they are.
Standard with GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus, you can choose between the following PHP versions:
In addition, each plan comes standard with MySQL version 5.6.
Yes. With GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus, you get access to cPanel where you can create as many email accounts as you need to. And while this option works well for many businesses who have basic email needs, you may also want to consider using Office 365 for your email needs. With Office 365, you get access to Outlook on the web email and can also install Office apps (such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) on up to 5 devices of your choosing. This is a more well-rounded option for customers who have multiple employees who need their own email addresses, in addition to having Microsoft Office available to install on their work computers.
With Office 365 you get access to Microsoft Outlook email. You can access your email via Outlook on the web, or you can set up Outlook on your computer, phone, or tablet via the Microsoft Outlook app. You can also set up your email in a different email client if you so choose. With Office 365 Business Premium, you also have the ability to install Office 365 on up to 5 devices of your choice.
When signing up with Microsoft 365 Business Premium, you have access to the following Office 365 apps:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Teams
With this plan, you are free to use the web app versions (online versions), as well as use the apps on your devices, such as a desktop or laptop.
All GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus plans come with a free SSL included. So, instead of having to purchase an SSL certificate separately, it is offered for free as part of your plan. Your website will be automatically secured with a Domain Validated (DV) SSL certificate. In addition, your SSL will automatically renew as part of your plan, so you never have to worry about it expiring. However, your SSL is only valid as long as your plan is active. In other words, canceling your hosting plan would also cancel the associated SSL certificate.
Shared hosting is a common type of web hosting plan that is relatively inexpensive, fairly simple to set up, and easy to manage. Because of this, it’s a popular option for many people building new websites. However, given its simplicity, it does come with some limitations. A virtual private server (VPS) on the other hand, is a much more powerful hosting option, but it is also more costly in terms of price. In addition, some technical expertise is required, particularly in server administration.
GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus combines the best of these worlds because it offers power comparable to a VPS, but is simple to manage just like shared hosting.
View this comparison chart to see the main differences between each type of Linux hosting.
When it comes to your choices in hosting service providers, you have several different options. But few are going to offer the performance, overall ease-of-use, and support you can expect to receive with GoDaddy. In fact, GoDaddy not only helps you initially get set up for success, but they also offer the continued support and guidance along the way that you need in order to continue to succeed in your business.
The best part is they make things simple. Need to make changes to your plan? No problem. You can easily upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time or change plans altogether. Need dedicated support that’s available 24/7 when you need it? You got it. Expert support is offered around the clock to answer any questions you may have and offer guidance on anything you need help with using your GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus plan. And that’s really what separates GoDaddy from the pack.
If you change your mind later and decide to cancel, that’s okay too. There are no cancellation fees, and no strings attached – ever.
Signing up for GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus plna is simple. To get started, simply select one of the available plans. You will then be able to complete your purchase and set up in a few short minutes. Plans can always be changed later if you decide.
In most cases, provisioning for your hosting will be set up in a matter of minutes, getting you up and running quickly. However, in some cases it can take up to 24 hours or just slightly longer to complete the set up process.
No problem at all. You are able to upgrade your plan tier from within your account at any time you want if you have outgrown your current plan. If you prefer we take of this for you, just give us a call and we’d be glad to take care of the changes to your plan.
Get started with GoDaddy Web Hosting Plus today for only $29.99/mo*
*Price excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees.
**The total amount of usable storage capacity for your particular Hosting Service(s) may differ from the represented capacity as there is required space for the operating system(s), system file(s) and other supporting file(s).
***SSL certificate is included for free as part of your Web Hosting Plus product. If you cancel the Web Hosting Plus product, you will lose the associated SSL certificate as well.