GoDaddy Domain Transfer
GoDaddy Domain Transfer
Transfer your domain with ease.
Transfer a domain for just $9.99*
Transferring multiple domains? Try Bulk Transfer instead.
Already have an authorization code?
Why transfer your domain to GoDaddy?
Did you know that GoDaddy has over 84+ million domains registered worldwide? This makes GoDaddy the global leader when it comes to domains. With that being said, reasons for wanting to transfer domains vary. Sometimes it’s because your current domain provider isn’t meeting your expectations when it comes to pricing, support, or the service you need and deserve. Or maybe you’re just looking to consolidate your properties under one umbrella. Or maybe it’s none of those things and it’s simply time for a change. Whatever the reason for making the move, we can help make your domain transfer simple and painless.
GoDaddy Domain Transfer Features
Here are some of the great features you can expect when transferring your domain name here:
- Domain Forwarding and Masking: Easily direct any domain name you own to your website and mask it if you prefer.
- Domain Locking: With domain locking, you can prevent accidental or even intentional transfers of domain ownership, as well as from anyone redirecting your nameservers.
- Total DNS Control: Manage your domain nameserver (DNS) records, FTP, sub-domains and your website from a single control panel.
- Change of Registration: Reassign your domain name at any time (fee required) or change the contacts for your domain if you ever need to.
- Status Alerts: Get instant alerts on the status of your domain any time your attention is needed.
What customers enjoy most
GoDaddy Domain Transfer FAQ
There are many benefits to transferring your domains to GoDaddy. Among the top reasons to transfer your domains include:
- For each transfer, you are only charged a flat fee per domain. This means you only pay the initial cost and ICANN registration, where appropriate, and nothing more.
- Keep any existing time left on your current domain registrations. Also, get a free year of registration for each GoDaddy domain transfer*. Huge savings? Yes, please.
- Get access to 24/7 support worldwide. So no matter where you are located on the planet, domain experts are available to help you with any questions you may have at anytime.
- Enjoy bulk discounts with a significant percentage off your purchase price when you register or transfer more than five .com domains at the same time.
Transferring domains to GoDaddy is a simple process. You can follow these step-by-step instructions to transfer your domain to GoDaddy. Among these steps include:
- Unlock the domain name you want to transfer with your current registrar or provider.
- Get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar. Sometimes this step may not be necessary for transfers in all instances. For example, it’s not necessary when transferring country-code domains (ccTLDs). In the event you cannot obtain your authorization code from directly within your account manager at your current registrar, you may request for your registrar to email your authorization code to you instead.
- Verify contact information on your domain name. The admin contact info is sometimes used by your current domain registrar during the transfer process.
You are able to transfer up to 500 of your domains at once using the bulk domain transfer tool. However, keep in mind that if the extension you want to transfer is not listed, that domain is not able to be transferred over.
When you initiate a GoDaddy domain transfer, your domain name moves away from your current registrar and over into your new registrar account. After the transfer completes, you are then able to manage your domain at your new registrar, such as GoDaddy.
From the time you first initiate a GoDaddy domain transfer to the time the transfer completes, the process generally takes around 5 to 7 days to complete. You can track the progress of your transfers at anytime by logging into your account and visiting the Transfers page.
Alternatively, if you are transferring a domain in, you can simply check back after the 5-7 day period to see if the domain is viewable in your account. If it is, then the domain successfully transferred over.
Yes, you may follow these steps to transfer your GoDaddy domain to another GoDaddy account.
There aren’t many limits on domain transfers, but there are some. Domains can be transferred at almost any time. However, ICANN does restrict domain transfers that are within 60 days of registration or prior transfer (not including .au).
Note: there are special instructions for transferring .uk, .ca, .eu, .es, .se and .au domain names to GoDaddy.
Start your GoDaddy domain transfer today.
*Pricing excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees.