Search and buy available GoDaddy domain names
Your new domain awaits.
Get a .com for only $9.99/year*
Already have a domain? Transfer it to us.
Domain name features full of convenience.
What customers say
The domain name you want already taken?
Consider trying a domain backorder.
Take advantage of the GoDaddy Domain Backorder service, where you can purchase a backorder credit to give you a better chance to get the domain name you really want when it becomes available.
Want to move your domain over?
Get started with a domain name transfer.
If you would like to move a domain name that you already have over to us, we make it a breeze to do so.
Get access to lots of cool features and 24/7 award-winning support just by moving your domain over. Plus, we’ll help you every step of the way when transferring your domain.
This really is a one-stop shop experience.
GoDaddy Domain Search FAQs
Registering a domain name with GoDaddy is simple and takes only a few minutes to complete. Start by searching for a domain name that you’re interested in purchasing using the GoDaddy domain search tool. After finding a domain name that you want to buy and register, simply select Checkout to complete your purchase. Afterward, the domain name you selected will become registered to you.
For more step-by-step instruction, see: How to Choose and Register a Domain Name for Your Website.
Domain names are needed for several reasons. For one, they serve as your website’s distinct name on the internet. In order to promote a business or brand online, having a domain name that matches the business is essential.
It’s also how visitors find your website online. It acts as the street address for your website. Without a domain name, you would need to tell people to visit your website at an IP address which, let’s be honest, no one would likely remember, or visit.
To find out if the name you want is available, enter your desired domain name in the GoDaddy domain search box. If it is available, then you will be able to purchase and register it. If it is not available, you will be shown similar alternative options and domain extensions that are available for purchase.
There are a few reasons why GoDaddy is the preferred registrar for millions of customers around the world. Among the top reasons include:
- GoDaddy is the world’s largest domain name registrar: With 82+ million domains under management, this makes GoDaddy the leader for domain name registration.
- Wide selection: When using the GoDaddy domain name search, you are accessing a powerful engine that searches the web for a vast selection of names across the globe.
- Award-winning support: GoDaddy offers highly-acclaimed support for customers who register domains.
A domain backorder is sort of like purchasing priority seating for a domain name you want to buy, but that is not currently available for purchase. Think of it as a reservation or waiting list of sorts.
With a domain backorder, you have a better chance at securing the domain name you want when it becomes available because you are essentially being moved to the top of the waiting list. And when the domain name you want expires and becomes available to the public for purchase, you’ll be among the first to know about it, giving you a much better chance to buy it for yourself.
For more on this topic, view: What is domain backorder and monitoring?
Find your perfect name with GoDaddy domain search.
Notes & Disclaimers
- Special savings apply only to first year of registration. You must purchase entire section to qualify for special savings.
- The final price may differ because of additional sales, fees, and promotions.
- Products will automatically renew until cancelled. You may turn off the auto-renewal feature by visiting your account.
- Change of registration may require a fee for certain domains.
- View GoDaddy Reseller Agreement for additional terms and conditions.
- Third-party logos and marks are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
*Pricing excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees.