Start investing in domains in minutes.
Make your first domain investment for as low as $9.99/year*
Investing in domains is all about buying low and selling high.
Domain investing (or domaining) is the act of buying domain names, then selling those names for more than what you bought them for. Domain investors tend to search for names that align with their investment criteria, buy them, and sell them to other domain investors or people searching for a domain for their website.
At the end of the day, it’s all about buying low and selling high. That’s how you can make a profit when investing in domains.
Domain investment tools to help you reach your goals.
Domain investing is often worth the wait.
Domain investing takes time. It also requires you to refresh your inventory often in order to make your investment profitable. There’s different ways to sell domains. Some investors opt for increased volume of sales and continually reinvest profits in more domains, while other domain investors choose to wait for high value and profitable domains meaning they’ll sell fewer domains.
Domain investing has big payoffs when you’re able to hit your stride and find an investment practice that works for you. If you’re interested in becoming a domain investor, try giving it a start today. You may discover a new found hobby that you can turn into a serious business.
Domain Investing FAQ
Domain investing, or domaining, is the practice of purchasing domain names at low costs, and then selling those domain names for a higher cost in order to make a profit. Think about it like flipping a house. You purchase an investment at a low cost that you will later sell at a much higher price for a return.
There are multiple ways that people can make money from domain investing, but the most common include:
- Register a domain name that has brandable potential and then sell it for a profit.
- Park a domain you own and allow ads to show on your parked domain. This is called CashParking. The idea is that you earn a percentage of the revenue that is generated from people who click on ads on your parked domain.
- Lease a domain for others to use, similar to how you would charge someone for rent.
When you create a domain listing, you also set up your method of payment, such as through direct deposit or via PayPal. You can even add multiple payment methods, but you will be asked to select your preferred method of payment as a default.
Like all types of investments, making returns is all about being patient and selling at the right time. However, you can start to sell your domains immediately. There is no waiting period. So, you can technically start getting returns on your domains right away when you list your domains and then sell them for a profit.
Notes & Disclaimers
- Special savings apply only to first year of registration. You must purchase entire section to qualify for special savings.
- The final price may differ because of additional sales, fees, and promotions.
- Products will automatically renew until cancelled. You may turn off the auto-renewal feature by visiting your account.
- Change of registration may require a fee for certain domains.
- View GoDaddy Reseller Agreement for additional terms and conditions.
- Third-party logos and marks are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
*Pricing excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees.