If you are wanting to learn how to download and install or reinstall Office 365 on either your Windows PC or Mac computer, this article explains how to. But before you begin, you will first need to have signed up for a Microsoft 365 Business Premium subscription in order to follow these instructions. After doing so, you may then follow the steps below on how to install Office.
How to uninstall Office from your computer
These steps describe how to uninstall Office from either a PC or a Mac computer. When you uninstall Office, only the app is removed from your computer. No files or documents are removed.
- Steps to uninstall Office from a PC (laptop or desktop)
- Steps to uninstall Office for Mac (Requires being signed in as an administrator on the Mac or providing an administrator name and password in order to complete these steps.)
How to download Office 365 to your PC or Mac
- From your PC or Mac computer, sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard.
- Once signed in, select Download Office.
- This will then open your Microsoft 365 account where you may be required to sign in using your Microsoft 365 email address and password.
- Next, select Install Office. The installation file will then start to download on your computer.
- Select Save, if prompted. You may be required to select your preferred language and Office version before you can begin the installation of Office.
How to install Office 365 on your PC or Mac
- After the Office installation file finishes downloading, open the file and follow the steps shown to install Office 365 on your PC or Mac.
- Click the Setup file.
- Select Yes to begin the installation.
- Stay online until the installation is complete.
- Once the installation is complete, you can now open your Office apps on your computer.
- Sign in using your Microsoft 365 email address and password.
If you followed these steps, you will have successfully downloaded and installed Office 365 on your PC or Mac.
Office installation questions
Can I install Office on my iPhone or iPad?
Yes, you can. See Install and set up Office apps for iPhone or iPad.
Can I install Office on my Android?
Yes. Here are the instructions to install and set up Office apps for Android.
What if I’m having issues with Office on my PC?
We recommend first trying to repair the Office app. If this doesn’t work, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall Office on your computer. View Repair an Office app on Windows PC for instructions.
We are always here to help. If you have any additional questions we can help answer, you may contact support at (480) 624-2500.